It includes bindings for several languages, and a variety of command line
The 3.4.0 release is a new feature release with the following highlights:
* [RFC 81](https://gdal.org/developme
Support for coordinate epochs in geospatial formats.
Implemented in FlatGeoBuf, GeoPackage, MEM, VRT
* New GDAL drivers:
read/write support for ZarrV2 (and experimental V3), using 2D classic raster API or multidimensional API:
Spatio-Temporal Asset Catalog Items as virtual mosaics
* Other improvements:
– number of enhancements in file system operations of /vsigs/
– NITF: additions to comply with NITF Version 2.1 Commercial Dataset Requirements Document (NCDRD)
– ODBC and PGeo: multiple fixes and improvements
– SAFE (Sentinel1): multiple improvements related to SLC/calibration
(change subdataset naming)
– multidimensional API: caching, and other improvements
* Code linting and security fixes
* MDB driver (Java based) mark as deprecated. Planned for removal for GDAL 3.5.
ODBC driver is the preferred solution (with up-to-date MDBTools library on non-Windows platforms)
* Writing side of Tiger driver deprecated and will be removed in GDAL 3.5
* Remainder: DODS, JPEG2000(Jasper), JPEGLS, MG4LIDAR, FUJIBAS, IDA, INGR and vector driver ARCGEN, ArcObjects, CLOUDANT, COUCHDB, DB2, DODS, FME, GEOMEDIA, GTM, INGRES, MONGODB, REC, WALK are planned for removal in GDAL 3.5.
As well as Perl bindings
More complete information on the new features and fixes in the 3.4.0
release can be found at:
The release can be downloaded from: