The GeoTools community is pleased to announce the availability of GeoTools 13.0, the first stable release of the GeoTools 13 series.
Download GeoTools 13:
New Features and Improvements
The following new features and improvements are available in this release:
- GeoPackage support is now compatible with QGIS and OGR.
- A new gt-solr data store is available for working with with Apache Solr. Thanks – to Andrea Aime and Justin Deoliveira for this work.
- CSVDataStore has been improved with write access and the ability to work with different kinds of CSV files (including lat/lon and WKT). Thanks to Travis Brundage for this work.
- AbstractDataStore is now deprecated. Please make plans to migrate to ContentDataStore. There is an extensive ContentDataStore tutorial to help with – your migration.
- PropertyDataStore has now been ported to use ContentDataStore, and a wide range of issues (readers, events, transactions) have been resolved for all DataStore implementations. Thanks to Torben Barsballe for this extensive QA work.
The gt-css module is a brand-new implementation of CSS-style support, now written in Java. Thanks to Andrea Aime for bringing this exciting approach to styling within easy reach of Java developers. Here is a quick code example:
Stylesheet ss = CssParser.parse(css); CssTranslator translator = new CssTranslator(); Style style - translator.translate(ss);
- Color-blending has been introduced as both a FeatureTypeStyle and Symbolizer vendorExtension, allowing for a range of special effects. Thanks to Cleveland Metro Parks for this improvement.
- A FeatureTypeStyle vendorExtension named "firstMatch". This vendor Extension will grab the first rule you specify. This can in many situations help you avoid more complicated logic for style rules.
- Anchor points are now supported. This is done in SLD with the AnchorPoint tag:
<LabelPlacement> <PointPlacement> <AnchorPoint> <AnchorPointX> <PropertyName>X</PropertyName> </AnchorPointX> <AnchorPointY> <PropertyName>Y</PropertyName> </AnchorPointY> </AnchorPoint> </PointPlacement> </LabelPlacement>
The gt-wfs client has improved:
- Better compatibility with MapServer.
- Extensive work has been done to support WFS 2.0 transactions. Thanks to Niels Charlier for this work.
- The gt-wfs client now supports WFS 2.0 stored queries. Thanks to Sampo Savolainen for this work.
Thanks to Jody Garnett and Travis Brundage (from Boundless) for making this release happen.