Travel Grant Programmes
The conference committee is pleased to provide a travel grant program for 2019, for more information:
- The FOSS4G 2019 Travel Grant Programme opened on 3rd March, applications are open until 10th April 2019. The first phase of the TGP has now closed, applicants will be notified of the outcome in the first week of May
- The FOSS4G organising committee have announced a second phase of the Travel Grant Programme which is restricted to applicants from Central and Eastern Europe. Applications close on 20th May 2019.
- FOSS4G NA is offering a travel grant to assist those who could not otherwise join us in San Diego April 15 – 18th 2019. Applications are open until April 3rd, for details see here.
- OSGeo Oceania is offering a travel grant to assist residents of Oceania to attend FOSS4G SotM Oceania in Wellington, New Zealand in November 2019. Applications are now closed. More details here.
The conference committee is pleased to provide a travel grant program for 2018, for more information:
- The 2018 TGP and the application form for FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, applications accepted between 6th April and 30th April 2018.
- You can read about the experiences of our 2018 TGP recipients here.
- FOSS4G SotM Oceania offered a travel grant to assist residents of Oceania to attend our event in Melbourne in November 2018. We helped 7 people from Fiji, Samoa, PNG, Timor-Leste, Australia, and New Zealand travel to the conference. More details here.
Supporting the Travel Grant Program
The travel grant program is funded through:
- Ongoing crowdfunding campaign
- Collections at regional FOSS4G events
- Sponsor donations, recognized as part of OSGeo sponsorship program
- Annual commitment from the OSGeo board
You can help to make FOSS4G more accessible and increase the diversity of our attendees by making a donation to the FOSS4G TGP via our PayPal account.
About the Travel Grant Program
The FOSS4G Travel Grant Programme was established in 2017 by the OSGeo Board to facilitate accessibility and diversity at our global and regional FOSS4G events.
The travel grant program is generously managed by the Conference Committee, in collaboration with representatives from each FOSS4G event:
- Regional FOSS4G organising teams are encouraged to apply for TGP support, applications are welcome on the Conference Committee mailing list.
- Guidance on running a TGP can be found in the TGP Cookbook
- The 2017 TGP, including feedback from the 2017 grant recipients