Travel Grant Programmes
The conference committee is pleased to provide a travel grant program for 2018, for more information:
- The 2018 TGP and the application form for FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, applications accepted between 6th April and 30th April 2018.
- You can read about the experiences of our 2018 TGP recipients here
- FOSS4G SotM Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands) is offering a travel grant to assist residents of Oceania to attend our event in Melbourne in November 2018. Applications are open from 27th August to 21st September 2018. More details here.
Supporting the Travel Grant Program
The travel grant program is funded through:
- Ongoing crowdfunding campaign
- Collections at regional FOSS4G events
- Sponsor donations, recognized as part of OSGeo sponsorship program
- Annual commitment from the OSGeo board
You can help to make FOSS4G more accessible and increase the diversity of our attendees by making a donation to the FOSS4G TGP via our PayPal account.
About the Travel Grant Program
The FOSS4G Travel Grant Programme was established in 2017 by the OSGeo Board to facilitate accessibility and diversity at our global and regional FOSS4G events.
The travel grant program is generously managed by the Conference Committee, in collaboration with representatives from each foss4g event:
- Regional FOSS4G organising teams are encouraged to apply for TGP support, applications are welcome on the Conference Committee mailing list.