With a robust schedule of keynote speakers, workshops, paper sessions and talks, FOSS4G offers a great opportunity for newcomers and regular visitors alike. This ‘annual gathering of the tribes’ boasts:
- A massive selection of presentations
- A variety of workshops for hands on training
- A continuous opportunity for networking
- Combined with a mix of social events, because open source is fun!
If you cannot make it to our global conference many regions and countries host smaller FOSS4G events, reach out to your local chapter to learn more.
Go to our Events page to find out.
We would have loved to welcome everyone to the next FOSS4G event in Buenos Aires (Argentinia). But unfortunately the conference will be Online due to the global pandemic.
Each foss4g website is a wealth of presentations, videos and information capturing the best and brightest open source activity for the year.
- FOSS4G Calgary 2020 (Canada) – cancelled due to COVID-19
- FOSS4G Bucharest 2019 (Europe)
- FOSS4G Dar es Salaam 2018 (Worldwide)
- FOSS4G Boston 2017 (North America)
- FOSS4G Bonn 2016 (Europe)
- FOSS4G Seoul 2015 (Worldwide)
- FOSS4G PDX 2014 (North America)
- FOSS4G Nottingham 2013 (Europe)
- FOSS4G Denver 2011 (North America)
- FOSS4G 2010 Barcelona (Europe)
- FOSS4G Sydney 2009 (Worldwide)
- FOSS4G Cape Town 2008 (Worldwide)
- FOSS4G Victoria 2007 (North America)
- FOSS4G Lucean 2006 (Europe)
- 2005 OSG conference – initial event via mapserver community
- FOSS4G Bangkok 2004 – initial event via grass community
FOSS4G Selection Process and Conference Committee
The FOSS4G selection process is managed by our conference committee. The event alternates between three regions:
- North America
FOSS4G is a lot of fun, if you are interested in helping out, or hosting foss4g in your town, visit the conference committee page to learn more.