JTS Topology Suiteprovides an object model for planar geometry together with a set of fundamental geometric functions. JTS conforms to the Simple Features Specification for SQL published by the Open GIS Consortium. JTS is designed to be used as a core component of vector-based geomatics software such as geographical information systems. It can also be used as a general-purpose library providing algorithms in computational geometry.
- Point, Line, Area
- Geometry Collections
- All SFSSQL operations: Intersect, union, within, ...
- Full DIM-9 Relationships
- Work with float, double, fixed, and double double coordinates
- Factory driven construction for consistent configuration
- Cartesian 2D distance, Hausdorff distance, ...
- buffer creation, line offsets, line simplification, ...
- Spatial indexes: Quadtree and R-tree
- Advanced: Delauney triangulation
Input / Output
- Text: WKT, GML, GeoJSON, ...
- Binary: WKB
- Integration: Shapefile, Oracle SDO, ...
- Computational stability backed by an extensive test suite and 17 years of development and refinement.
- Geographic JSON (GeoJSON)
- Geography Markup Language (GML)
- Simple Features for SQL (SFSQL)
- Well-Known Binary (WKB)
- Well-Known Text (WKT)