GeoServer is an open source software server written in Java that allows users to share and edit geospatial data. Designed for interoperability, it publishes data from any major spatial data source using open standards.
This user manual contains:
- Introduction – Learn about GeoServer.
- Installation- Install GeoServer for your platform.
- Getting started – Tutorials to help you get started with GeoServer.
- Web administration interface – Navigate the GeoServer graphical interface.
- Data management – Load and publish data from a variety of sources.
- Styling – Styling and visualization for published layers in GeoServer.
- Services – OGC services, the primary method of publishing data in GeoServer.
- Filtering – Filter your requests and responses to increase efficiency.
- Server configuration – Configuration options for GeoServer administrators.
- GeoServer data directory – Settings and configuration files for GeoServer.
- Running in a production environment – Best practices for using GeoServer.
- REST – Interact programmatically with GeoServer without using the graphical interface.
- Security – Secure and restrict access to data and services.
- GeoWebCache – Accelerate your GeoServer with tile caching.
- Extensions – Add extra functionality to GeoServer with extensions.
- Community modules – Add cutting-edge functionality to GeoServer with community modules.
- Tutorials – Other tips and tricks for getting the most out of your GeoServer instance.